Nurse Case Manager- Field
ORN is currently seeking qualified nurses to provide medical case management services within the workers compensation arena. This is a field position and requires travel to medical appointments throughout Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Rhode Island. Ability to work from home.
With ORN, you’ll enjoy working from home and having your nights, weekends and holidays off with no on-calls. This position has the opportunity for flexible work options following a comprehensive orientation. ORN also offers competitive salary, quarterly bonuses, mileage reimbursement, dictation services and the chance to work with a team of professionals who support one another!
- Advocate, communicate and manage resources to facilitate high quality and cost-effective care for injured employees.
- Work with injured employees, employers, treatment providers, and claims adjusters to coordinate and assure proper delivery and oversight of medical and disability services.
- Seamlessly transition clients from various medical settings, such as: hospitals, rehabs, home care, and outpatient services, for optimal care coordination.
- Provide onsite services, attend appointments and confer with involved parties to ensure continuity of care.
- Promote the injured employee’s best interest, addressing treatment alternatives, and coordination of quality, cost effective health care and services.
- Identify the most relevant treatment programs for each individual’s specific needs.
- Assess return to work options and ensure that the treatment team is aware of the employee’s work demands and goals.
- Identify modified job duties based on the employee’s functional abilities to facilitate a safe and timely return to work.
- Monitor, evaluate, and document case management activities and complete activity-based reports.
- RN with current state license required.
- Previous (3 or more years) general clinical experience required.
- CCM, CRRN, COHN, or CDMS eligibility or current certification preferred.
- Previous case management, utilization review or managed care experience desired.
- Capable of working autonomously and independently utilizing professional and clinical judgement.
- Demonstrated communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.